Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend of Fun

I am so mad we didn't take more pictures to document this weekend! Grr...one day I'll stop being such a spaz.
Here's the highlights of this last weekend:
We took Weston on his first ever camping adventure! Some of Rob's college friends were all getting together to go camping, so we decided we would bring him along and see how it went. We did dutch oven cooking, had campfires, and chilled. It was AWESOME. Weston did really good too...except for the fact that he didn't sleep...like at all. We decided to just sleep in the Blazer for convenience sake, but putting an excited baby down to nap, when there are windows all around that he can climb to and look out of, it just doesn't work so well. He was so tired, but refused to go to sleep. He finally crashed at like 11 that night (way way WAY past his bedtime) and was up at 6 as soon as the sun was up. Needless to say he was sleepy, but again, refused to nap until we were packed up and on our way home. I think he loved it so much he was just refusing to miss any of it.
Saturday afternoon Rob and I went boating/fishing with another one of his friends, which was awesome. I am always up for boating, and I think everyone knows about our new love for fishing, so it was really fun. I can never say no to soaking up some sun :) After boating we stopped at Big Judds for some yummy food.
Sunday we had a whirlwind of a birthday party, and pool time. My cousins adorable baby just turned one, so we went to celebrate with them. Holy cutest decorations ever. Like seriously, She should do it as a career. SO cute. After that party we had dinner and my parents, and decided to introduce Weston to the pool. I was betting he wouldn't love it because it was so cold, but I'll let the pics speak for themselves on if he had fun or not :)
He loved it...a lot


This is pretty much my favorite picture EVER



I couldn't believe how content he was! As long as he didn't go on his back, he LOVED it


Aww...cute :)



Yep, just chillin


Keep in mind this was AFTER the birthday party, he was so tired, but was having so much fun he didn't even know what to do. When we finally decided he needed to get out he pulled quite the fit in protest. He's learning how to do that...which I'm not loving so much :/
Anyways, that was the weekend blur. Totally epic, complete with an exhausted baby. Today I decided not to leave the house, so he could nap as much as he needed to to make up for this weekend...and he's now going on 4 1/2 hours of nap time. Wow. We did SO much this weekend, but it went by fast! Only 4 more days until the next weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment