Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two Additions to the Family!

This last weekend was the first weekend all summer it seems like that we have not had crazy plans. I LOVED just being able to chill around the house. We got our garage all nice and picked up, and had a movie marathon on Saturday. Life is good :)
Even though we didn't have a lot of plans though, doesn't mean there weren't a few surprises for us this last weekend! So on Friday I went to pick Rob up from work like I usually do, and when I went in everyone was acting REALLY weird. Something was definitely up. He was acting all innocent and angelic (definite sign that he did something that he knows will probably get him in trouble) and told me that he had a surprise for me. He told me to be very careful and open his toolbox. There would be a box inside. Then I was supposed to very carefully open the box and there would be the surprise. Ha. Ya right. I was not about to reach my hand into something when he was acting like that. So I made him do it, I was fairly sure there was either a mouse in there, or he had finally bought the flying squirrel he had been begging for, but that's a different story. He opened the box and sure enough fur starts coming out. Instead of being a squirrel though, it was a kittie! Ok disclaimer, neither one of us are big cat fans...at all. But this isn't a cat, its a kittie, and it was SO cute! Rob said he found him totally freaking out behind the shop and saved him when he got stuck in a hole. At first I was thinking 'ya right, we don't like cats. Why would we take this home?'...and then I held it. SO CUTE! So...we now have a cat. NO...a kittie :) Everyone, meet Pixel.
Robs mom actually accidentally named him. We've been thinking about names, and when we were skyping Robs family last night we asked them for thoughts and held the kittie to the camera. They said he just looked pixelie and couldn't really tell what he looked like. Pixel stuck! He's living in the garage for now, and he'll be our mouser. DEFINITELY not an indoor kittie, but he does get to come in sometimes and play. Weston thinks Pixel is his new favorite toy because it runs away from him, and sometimes if he's really lucky and can even pick Pixel up before he gets away. Haha SO funny to watch :)

Now for the second addition to our family. My dear husband texted me a few weeks ago and said 'so...I think I just bought a truck.' haha yea. After almost sending about a thousand different messages I finally settled on "really?" That was the safest bet I figured. Robs Ranger finally died last summer when it took on an epic mud pit, and the transmission is going to need replaced. We tried to sell it, but honestly, we both love it to much to get rid of it, so it has sat in our garage unworking for the last year. Apparently a guy that Rob works with was saying that he had a truck that he was just going to scrap because he had too many trucks, so Rob said he'd take it off his hands and pay what the scrap yard would have paid. It was really a good deal, and even though this truck needs a bit of work done to it, it runs, and will be way cheaper to fix than the Ranger, and it will sell for a lot more too. They dropped the truck off Friday night and Rob is kind of beyond excited. So we have yet another beater truck. I'm excited though. I'm envisioning epic camping trips, and now we have a vehicle we can take fishing and off roading so maybe my Blazer will stay clean for more than 2 day now :) The plan for the Ranger is to slowly fix it up, and it can be Westons when he gets old enough.
Like my husbands haircut? He's loving it! I kinda miss his hair, but it's growing on me :)



3 comments:

  1. So your not pregnant with twins than??? darn. haha, just kidding!

    you do know that Kitties turn INTO CATS, right??? is it a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY NOT TWINS! Haha. And yes, sadly that realization did occur, but we'll see if we can manage to survive with a cat :/ It's a boy as far as we've been able to tell. haha

    ReplyDelete