Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sandy Downs and Yummy Food


The weather is finally looking beautiful!!! I have had the itch to be outside like you would not believe! Rob took pity on me last week so we loaded the puppies and headed to Sandy Downs for the first time this year. This is Athena’s first time ever being there, and we were wondering how she’d handle the water (Bors absolutely HATES it and has to get thrown in if he’s going to get wet at all). Well we got there and were getting everything sat up and whatnot…and she jumps right in! I think once she got in she realized how cold it was, and didn’t love it so much, but she was so cute! She’s definitely not terrified of water like Bors, and that helped him not be such a pansy as well. The first day we went Rob and the puppies got in the water and played. We decided to go back the very next day and after much begging and pleading Rob talked me into swinging out on the rope swing. The conditions were that I would do it, but I didn’t want to get wet so he promised he’d push me out, and grab me when I came back. He wasn’t allowed to push me in, or get me wet WHATSOEVER. Well…You can see how well that worked out :P











He decided he needed to make the swing better...so he climbed the tree

...Athena tried to follow him :P












My super cute toes that Danielle and Katie painted for me :P










yeah...soaked



Supposedly as he was taking the picture he didn’t have enough time to put the camera down and grab me…so I ended up hanging over the middle of the water until I finally let go. He got in trouble…but only a little bit :P

Overall it was SO MUCH fun though! Sandy Downs in probably one of my most favorite places to go. There’s usually no one else there, and it’s just so chill!!!


Now for the food. I decided I wanted to try something different for dinner last night, so I got online and found what looked like a possibly delicious meal… meatloaf wrapped in bacon. Yummy?! Rob’s not a huge bacon fan, but I tried it anyways and he LOVED it. He ate all of his, the leftovers of mine, and still went back for more :) It is one of the easiest dinners to make and clean up afterwards that I have ever made as well, which gives it even more bonus points! Here’s the recipe…

BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF
2 beaten eggs
¼ cup ketchup
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup finely chopped onion
2 TBSP parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 lbs ground beef
12 strips bacon
Combine everything in a large bowl except the bacon. Mix together and shape into two log shapes, about 6 inches long. Lay 6 slices of bacon side by side and set one beef roll crosswise on bacon, roll up meat with bacon. Carefully move to a 9x13” baking pan lined with heavy foil. Repeat with remaining bacon and log.
Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes. If bacon doesn’t looked browned enough for your taste after 50 minutes, turn to broil for a minute or two, or until satisfactory.  
The recipes says this is a serving size for 8… but Rob and I ate almost one whole log…so I’d say more like 6 depending on who is eating and how hungry they are :P 


2 comments:

  1. that does look good! The sandy downs place looks like a lot of fun...we should play their with you some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! It would be a great place to do FHE or something one night. It has a fire pit too so we could do a little bbq and everything!

    ReplyDelete