Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's a...BOY!!!


Well, that’s what I get for listening to the internet! I was kind of…beyond shocked when we went to the ultrasound and the tech said that without a shadow of a doubt we were having a boy. We are BEYOND excited though! We're pretty much set on the name Weston, we're still playing around with middle names though. Thus far our top picks are Owen or John. We really like Kai as well, but that one will probably be saved for the time being. Here's a pic of little Weston!!!

My thought processes have completely changed from tutus and headbands to ties and fedoras :P I’m not sure I’ll be able to get a baby to keep a fedora on his head though…we’ll have to work on that. He’s pretty much going to be adorable though. Thanks to Pinterest I have this vision in my head of this ridiculously cute preppy kid :P Here’s the vision


 And then there’s the nursery!!! Oh my good heavens there are SO MANY options!  Right now I’m loving the idea of a pirate theme. NOT a sailor, blue and white theme… but PIRATES. The two nurseries I’ve found that I like are below. I think it would be kind of adorable. Rob’s wanting to do Calvin and Hobbes. Could that be the cutest thing ever? ...yes. Yes it could. So we’re torn for the moment because I really love both. Here are the ideas…




The house…is still slowly coming together. For the most part all the boxes are unpacked, and it actually looks livable now. I don’t want to put pictures up yet, because we still need to paint, but I am having the hardest time in the world coming up with colors for paint! We loved the tan/brown we had in the old house a lot, but do we want to do the exact same color in this house too? And I am still in love with the red we picked for the kitchen…but again, do we want this house to be the exact same??? I keep thinking about different shades of blues and greens…but I think I’m terrified to really try anything. Sigh…I’ll have to get some courage and just make up my mind! Here are some colors I have saved because I love…I just have to get the guts to actually do them!



REALLY love this color

LOVE THIS COLOR.... but i'm scared to death to actually do it


The one thing I need to remember about this house; if you don’t lock the windows closed, it is VERY easy to break in. My mother and I learned this when I thought I left my keys at her house. She basically lifted me through the back window. It worked pretty well…minus the fact that I got the giggles half way through and couldn’t move :P It was sure an adventure…especially when I realized my keys were with me…. Haha oops :)

More good news…. Our puppies love each other!!! They went in for surgery last Thursday. Thursday night we introduced them (we figured that would be a good plan since they were both still WAY out of it, and were too sore to move) and they were quite content to coexist around one another. Friday we let them play for about an hour, and on Sunday we through her in the backyard with him…and they have been having a ball! They love having someone there to play with all the time, and even though I can tell they still have their moments of annoyance, for the most part they are doing VERY well!
Here’s a few pics and videos. Some are from the drive home from Washington, the rest are just fun stuff around the house!
..we really have no idea how she managed to climb up there




They do love each other!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think pirates are SUPER cute! With Calvin and Hobbes there would have to be a lot more dedication (wall painting) and it will be a bit more difficult to find things to continue the theme.
    Colors-Dark brown and dark blue YES! do it! the yellow kitchen, could give you a headache. you could always got to home depot and get the little sample things and put them on the wall and look at it for a acouple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fun thing with painting is that if you don't like the color, you can always paint over it! I say go with what you like and give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete